How to Choose The Best Mens Rings For Wedding Or Engagement?
You will wear this ring in the long run, it will be your best jewelry so you must carefully weigh your options.
Best mens rings have more than the style, the cut, or the size, there are a lot of things to consider when searching for that perfect men’s wedding or engagement rings. It does not even revolve around the type of stone or gem embellishment you like. The most critical decision lies on the material it is made up. To go a bit more in depth on this matter, below are the major questions most couples ask each other.
watch this short video presenting the best men’s ring:
What kind of lifestyle will it be exposed to?
Are you always inside your office? Do you play sports? The answer to these questions will help you determine the kind of wear and tear your best ring might be exposed to. You’d always go for an eternity band that will withstand the test of time.
If you work in the manufacturing or service sector where you always use your hands, then go for platinum metal ring. But if you are more attracted to using golden pieces, then those with lower karat would be the best choice. Gold in its pure state is malleable and ductile so it is more prone to scratches. To avoid this, it has to be combined with another type of metal. For men who lives in an active lifestyle, rings made out of tungsten or titanium are highly recommended; they’re incredibly durable.
Best men’s rings design?
Men’s rings have become pieces of art indeed designers have managed to get out of classic to modern design and so much so that men’s ring designs can turn your head.
However, even the most extraordinary ring designs are held to the rule of jewelry art, to better understand here are the basis by which a ring is designed.
To better understand here are the basis by which a ring is designed as (setting, shape, and pattern) applied to metals the designer of the ring can keep or change the natural color.
Are you thinking about a stylish ring with prongs holding a gemstone? How big or heavy would the precious stone be? Aside from wear and tear exposure, you’d also want to check if your choice of material can hold the gem securely. Although expert jewelers can always find a way, strength and durability are significant factors to consider. For prong-set with sizable gemstone, tungsten and titanium men’s rings are the perfect choice.
Rings Design Setting:
Most men who wear a classic wedding ring usually have a Tension Setting but many other settings apply to men’s wedding rings as well as to ornamental rings. Here they are in detail:
- Prong Setting: a center stone clamped on either side by 4 crafted bars.
- Bar Setting: a center stone clamped on either side by two crafted bars.
- Channel Setting: gemstones are set into a channel made from two metal strips.
- Bezel Setting: the stone is held inside a grooved thin metal.
- Invisible Setting: is a method of setting gems with no visible prongs or support.
- Tension Mount uses compression pressure to hold the stone in place.
- Tension Setting is a minimalist ring setting by the metal band that secures the diamond in place.
- Pave Setting: a type of engagement ring setting in which the shank of the ring is lined with small diamonds.
- Gypsy Setting: the diamond sits flush with the surface of the metal.
What is the best men’s ring design?
Although all the Settings make very pretty rings the ones that are the most appreciated by men are: Tension Mount, Tension Setting, and Gypsy Setting. It adds a masculine touch and above all are practical to wear.
Comfort-Fit Vs Standard Fit Rings
The fit is the inside profile of a ring shank part two different options are offered Straight fit and Comfort fit.
- Straight fit: or standard fit rings is a flat inner who are applied to the whole ring inner part.
- Comfort fit: unlike the standard-fit band, a comfort fit ring is rounded or crafted using extra metal and this option makes the wedding band more convenient to wear.
To find out which is the best ring for you note that the ring shape design whatever its interior profile is specified in 3 option:
- Knife-edge: A knife-edge shank has two slanted facets that converge at a point on the peak.
- Dome: It can be more or less accentuated to be thinner or thicker (more rounded).
- Flat: flat ring will show full width on the whole surface all at once.
Most Popular Rings Shape and pattern
Many confuse setting with the ring shape so here is the most wanted ring shape
- Water Drop
What will you engrave?
If you want engraving, silver and gold metal rings are fine but tungsten and titanium metals are the most preferred. Although there are other things to consider if your wedding or engagement band can be engraved with something, it is always best to talk with your chosen men’s ring jeweler or provider.
What kind of maintenance mens rings require?
Some metals require diligent upkeep while others don’t. So it is very important to think about the time and effort you can afford for this. If you want minimal maintenance, then go for 14 karat gold men’s rings. They are durable and do not scratch easily. But of course, you’d have to follow the suggested cleaning schedule to maintain their shine and luster. For white gold rings, you’d need rhodium for cleaning, which has to be done often; whereas silver rings for men doesn’t need constant refinishing because the color doesn’t fade.
Where does the metal come from?
Men’s ring creations can be very stunning but you have to know the origin of the metals used.
Couples are encouraged to support jewelers who got their materials from responsible mining companies.
Hopefully, those questions can help you decide which metal to choose. So are you going for silver, gold or a combination men’s ring? Ultimately, best rings for men it’s not really about your choice of style but more of your lifestyle.
Related Post: 3 Simple Tips Help You buy Unique Engagement Mens Rings.
Yes! this part is finished, participate with your comment.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.